Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coraline pt. 2


So on IGN and Rottentomatoes (two site owned by the same people) there is a Coraline week and each day they post a new video documentary on their progress and what to expect from the movie.

Today's video is titled: Crafting the World of Coraline


And I must say that I'm becoming even more impressed than I was yesterday. I think that this is due to the fact that I'm liking the idea of a Neil Gaiman book or story becoming a movie that you can be proud of and want to see. Stardust was a movie that was a lot of fun and has been the first movie in a long time doing nothing else but just a good movie. Many people said it was hopping on the Pirates of the Caribbean band wagon, but once 20 minutes in you could clearly see that was not its intentions. It turned out to be a movie that If I were to see it as a child I would probably love it to death. But Coraline seems to have more stylized aspects to the movie (clearly) but I think that's the only way to make a novel written by Neil Gaiman otherwise something gets lost in translation. Also I guess its because some of my favorite movies are made by Focus Features and whenever I see their logo I get very excited.

1 comment:

Andrew Remington Bailey said...

so very awesome, your blog has now paid for itself by alerting me to this